Monday 30 March 2015

Flawless Skin In Seconds

Make up egg sponges and applicators are all the rage right now so in keeping with that, I thought I'd share with you my review of Barely Cosmetics sponges which I was luckily enough to have sent to me. I've been intrigued for a long time now what the hype about these applicators have been and I finally know what it is. Barely Cosmetics claim that 'these all-in-one products cut makeup application time in half by replacing the need for a range of brushes'. Barely Cosmetics also claim to 'have managed to get there absorbemcy rate down by 7%' which means less makeup waste and more money saved and how can you not love that.


The first sponge I was lucky enough to try was the Prep, Blot and Blend sponge. This sponge is the perfect 'tool for prepping your skin' with lotions, primers and foundation.  I have always used a basic round sponge from your typical drugstore but have always found that I never got enough coverage, it never blended in enough and I ended up rubbing the rest of the foundation in with horrible make up lines. But this sponge takes all that trouble away; the edges eliminates lines and blotches. Before using your meant to add a little bit of water to the sponge and then apply your foundation which helps stop the sponge from absorbing your product and get more on your face. I've used this sponge every day since I received it and if im honest I don't know what I did without it. I find I don't have to rub any excess foundation into my face and end up with a really flawless finish.

The second sponge I tried was the Definer Sponge (hard version). This sponge is used to 'put definition back into the face' and is 'ideal for highlighting, contouring and guiding'. With the sharp lines on this sponge it makes it super easy to contour with and what I used it for was applying foundation around the tricky bits of the face like eyebrows and eyes. As I put my eye make up first and foundation on second so this tool makes it so easy edging round without messing up your eye makeup. I genuinely cannot recommend this enough, especially if your looking for that flawless look. I'll leave the links below so you can have a cheeky look yourself and let me know how they work for you. Don't forget you can follow me with the social media links to the right of you. Have a lovely Monday.


All my love,
Over and out.
S.Mx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)